November 17, 2020
Webinar: Impacts from COVID-19 on Campus Planning and Design
What are the panelists observing and planning for future learning environments based on their experience from a diverse range of higher education institutions? What will be temporary, and what is permanent? What are the opportunities for adaptive reuse of existing buildings? For new ways of working and learning?
How will this change how architects, engineers, and other consultants need to support institutions in the future? How will these professions change as a result?
It’s not about creating prescriptive plans for what we will do, but rather how we will assess, learn, and adapt.
- Consider the short and long-term changes to campus planning and design for the health, safety, and welfare of the campus community.
- Consider the equitable systemic changes to the profession that should come out of this moment.
- Discuss new services that are helping institutions assess, adapt, and plan during this pandemic.
- Explore the increased sustainable advantage of adaptive reuse of existing buildings.
- Identify changes to A/E profession to better support institutions in the future.
Recorded September 22, 2020. Presented by SCUP in affiliation with brightspot strategy and the American Institute of Architects.