February 22, 2021
Now Hiring: Strategist
Do you want to transform the higher education experience?
Do you want to learn while contributing to a small, dynamic organization?
Are you resourceful and do you thrive at taking on one challenge after the next, collaborating with colleagues and clients, making sense of disparate information, and creating compelling stories through diagrams, graphs, and narratives?
Are you passionate about creating exceptional experiences for people through space, service, and/or organizational design?
Do you geek out on integrating qualitative and quantitative research and analysis?
If this sounds like you, then you should apply to join brightspot’s team as a Strategist!
We create engaging and equitable student experiences by transforming spaces, services, staffing, and systems. Together with our clients, we increase student success, improve research support, and enable staff productivity while making institutions more efficient and effective.
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our team in terms of race and background so that we better understand and better reflect the students we serve and finding candidates passionate about making the student experience more engaging and more equitable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working across two or more projects at a time to develop space, service, and/or organizational strategies
- Analyzing and visualizing quantitative and qualitative data to create insights
- Planning, conducting, and documenting multi-day user research activities (surveys, workshops, observations, interviews, focus groups, etc.)
- Programming and planning spaces, qualitatively and quantitatively
- Visual communication through diagrams, sketches, presentations, and reports
- Facilitating client workshops with the support of your teammates
- Interacting with and supporting senior leadership within our client organizations
- Contributing to brightspot’s growth and development with an internal role / responsibility
More about you:
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture, related field, or design strategy with 1-3 years of experience plus interest and experience in user research, environmental psychology, organizational design, or business
- Passion and experience with user-centered design and design thinking
- Skilled in working with data analysis
- Skilled verbal, written, and visual communication
- Proficient in Excel and Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Send a resume, cover letter, and a concise work sample of no more than 10 pages (via link or attachment) that best represents your capabilities to email@example.com with the subject line: brightspot Strategist
We offer excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, 401k, flexible working hours, and generous vacation. We are also an organization that walks the talk and models innovative practices for our clients, including team goal setting, distributing authority and responsibility, profit sharing, transparency, professional coaching, and continuous learning and development.
We are currently working remotely for the foreseeable future due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While our offices are open for reservation if needed, no employee is required to be in the office at this time.